Friday, July 12, 2013

"Morning cuddles"... a short poem about my mornings with Aiyana

You lie next to me with your oh-so-innocent face
Together our bond creates a magical space

Your hand on my face trying to figure out why my stubble is so rough
My hand on your face trying to figure out how your face feels just like powder puff

You look into my eyes with a soul-searching gaze
I look right back telling you silently how my love for you has me in a perpetual daze

You put your little feet on my big tummy
And I give thanks that this is exclusive daddy time, without mummy! :-)

You converse with your coo's, aaa's and your never-ending eee's
I respond right back in "baby-ish" and have never felt more at peace

Time literally comes to a standstill as we silently communicate our thoughts
Who knew one could have such an extended conversation with tots

As your breathing slows, your eyes become heavy and you sleep with a peaceful smile
I give thanks for being a dad and think about how, for you, I would always gladly go many-a-mile

May our love, friendship and bond continue to bloom eternal just like your name*
Fatherhood is a true blessing, I exclaim!
* Aiyana is a native american name that means "eternal bloom"

No comments:

Post a Comment